The Rockville Fish and Game Club maintains two ponds for member & guest fishing. Both ponds are stocked with brook and rainbow trout. Fishing at both ponds is subject to the pond-specific and common regulations described below.
A PDF of these regulations is available here: Download Regulations
A pond ticket is REQUIRED to fish these ponds. Members can purchase your pond tickets through the Club’s website (purchase pond tickets) and elect to either pick up the tickets at the Trap & Skeet office or have the tickets mailed to you. Alternatively, you can stop in and purchase your pond tickets at the Trap & Skeet office on Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday during their normal operating hours.
As we have seen in just about everything we buy, the price of goods and services has risen noticeably this year and the cost to stock our ponds with trout is no exception. This year our trout cost increased and so the cost of pond tickets has increased as well. Member pond tickets will be $30.00 this year and junior tickets will be $15.00. This is a $3 increase from last year.
The Ponds Committee hosts events each year. Upcoming events for 2023 include:
- 1st Stocking of Trout – March 29, 2023 – The 2023 year will kick off with the stocking of both trout ponds on March 29 at 4:00 pm. Members and families are invited to look on as we load the ponds with hundreds of health, hungry trout. The hatchery truck will be there at 4:00 so bring the family and your camera and come enjoy the spectacle. Both trout ponds will be closed, following stocking, from 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 29 until opening day at 6:00 am Saturday April 1.
- Opening Day – April 1, 2023 – Both ponds will be open for fishing to pond ticket holders at 6:00 am on Saturday, April 1; The upper pond is for fly fishing only. The lower pond is open to all lures, bait, and tackle. Creel limits are the same as last year – 2 trout per day, 4 trout per week for seniors, 1 trout per day, 2 trout per week for junior pond ticket holders.
- 2nd Stocking of Trout – May 4, 2023 – Both the upper and lower pond will again be stocked with trout at 4:00 on Thursday, May 4. Members and family are invited to watch as hundreds of more trout are released into the ponds.
Both trout ponds will be closed, following stocking, from 4:00 pm on Thursday, May 4 until 8:00 am Saturday May 6th.
- Clinic CANCELLED – May 13, 2023 – The Fishing Clinic scheduled for May 13th has been canceled.
- Junior Fishing Derby – May 20, 2023 – Darrin Prescott is running the fishing derby this year. Darren has graciously accepted the torch from Jesse Roth who led us through multiple successful derby events. The Junior Fishing Derby will be held at the lower pond on Saturday, May 20 starting at 9:00 am. Registration begins at 8:00 am and again is $5.00. The derby is open to club member juniors (under the age of 16) who are registered for the Derby. Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be available from 8am to 1 pm. The derby will begin promptly at 9:00 am and end at 12:00 pm. Prizes will be awarded at 12:00 for the three largest fish caught (determined by combining the weight in ounces with the length in inches). We will have several interesting prizes this year, use the club’s website to sign up for the derby. Volunteers can use the SignUp Genius on the club’s web page to volunteer for work hour slots.
Upper Pond – The upper pond is for fly fishing only. Bait and other lures are not permitted.
Lower Pond – The lower pond is open to all live and artificial bait as well as lures, spinners, and fly fishing for all pond ticket holders without regard to age.
Fishing at both ponds is permitted from the shore only – keep out of the water.
The picnic tables and grill at each pond are there for your use. Please use the available trash receptacles for your waste and clean the grill after you use it.
Please report any problems, comments, suggestions, or abuse of creel limits to Mike Olesnevich, Pond Chairman by phone to (860)593-7691 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.