The Rockville Fish and Game Club maintains two ponds for member & guest fishing. Both ponds are stocked with brook and rainbow trout. Fishing at both ponds is subject to the pond-specific and common regulations described below.
A PDF of these regulations is available here: Download Regulations
A pond ticket is REQUIRED to fish these ponds. Members can Order Pond Passes Online with a credit card, or purchase with cash or check at the Trap & Skeet range, clubhouse meetings, or by contacting Mike Olesnevich at (860)-593-7691. Cost is $27/adult and $12/kids under 17.
Upper Pond – The upper pond is for fly fishing only. Bait and other lures are not permitted.
Lower Pond – The lower pond is open to all live and artificial bait as well as lures, spinners, and fly fishing for all pond ticket holders without regard to age.
Fishing at both ponds is permitted from the shore only – keep out of the water.
The picnic tables and grill at each pond are there for your use. Please use the available trash receptacles for your waste and clean the grill after you use it.
COMMON REGULATIONS FOR BOTH PONDS
- Each member or person in his/her family must have a current pond ticket to fish the upper pond.
- Only one rod per ticket will be allowed. The rod may be used by the pond ticket holder, or spouse or his/her guest. The club member must be present at all times when a family member or guest is using either pond facility
- All members must sign in any time they use pond facilities whether or not they catch any fish.
- Fishing is allowed between 6:00 A.M. and dusk only. Single hooks only may be used.
- Only two fish per day and four fish per week may be kept per adult ticket and one fish per day and two per week for junior anglers.
- Fish caught with the intention of releasing that fish must be released immediately. Do not release injured fish that will not survive. Record these fish as ‘Taken’.
- Members and guests may continue fishing after they reach their daily limit but must immediately release all fish subsequently caught.
- The week is Monday through Sunday for the purposes of recording your catch.
The Ponds Committee hosts events each year. Upcoming events for 2022 include:
- Kid’s Fishing Clinic – January 29th, 2022 (no ice backup date 2/5/2022)
- Kid’s Fishing Derby – TBD for 2022
Please report any problems, comments, suggestions, or abuse of creel limits to Mike Olesnevich, Pond Chairman by phone to (860)593-7691 or by email to email@example.com.